After U.S. Rep. Ann Marie Buerkle outraised him in the pre-primary period, Dan Maffei has returned the favor.
According to his July quarterly filing, Maffei raised $224,169.58 from June 7 to June 30. When you combine that with the $140,615.75 he raised in the pre-primary period, he raised $364,785.33 from April 1 to June 30 -- what is traditionally the July quarterly fundraising period.
Maffei now has $880,266.90 cash on hand.
While Maffei had a better July quarterly filing, Buerkle had stronger pre-primary numbers. Buerkle raised $113,217.85 in the July filing period and $264,686.33 in the pre-primary period for a total of $377,904.18 raised between April 1 and June 30.
At the end of the July filing period, Buerkle has $765,104.53 cash on hand.
Notable contributions to Maffei's campaign in July filing
Plenty of Maffei's former Democratic colleagues in the House contributed to his campaign. Here are a few:
- U.S. Rep. (and chairwoman of the Democratic Party) Debbie Wasserman Schultz's PAC, Democrats Win Seats PAC, gave $2,500 to Maffei for Congress.
- U.S. Rep. Jim Clyburn's campaign committee contributed $2,000 to Maffei.
- Some fellow New Yorkers also pitched in. U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel's campaign donated $1,000 to Maffei. U.S. Rep. Carolyn Maloney's campaign gave $2,500 to Maffei for Congress. Jerry's PAC (U.S. Rep. Jerrold Nadler's political action committee) contributed $1,000.
- The National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare donated $2,000 to Maffei's campaign.
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund chipped in $500 this time around. They have given Maffei a total of $5,000 this election cycle.
- Maffei received $3,400 from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, plus $4,000 in contributions earmarked through the DCCC.
Notable contributions to Buerkle's campaign in July filing
- Speaker of the House John Boehner's campaign committee donated $4,000 to Buerkle.
- Cayuga County Sheriff David Gould, a fellow Republican, gave $100 to Buerkle's campaign committee. He has given $250 to Buerkle's campaign so far.
- 2010 Republican gubernatorial candidate Carl Paladino contributed $1,500 to Buerkle. It's the second time Paladino has given money to Buerkle's re-election effort. His first contribution was $1,000.
- Some of Buerkle's Republican colleagues also contributed. U.S. Rep. Trent Franks' campaign committee donated $1,000 to Buerkle. U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan's Prosperity PAC contributed $5,000 to Buerkle's campaign.
- The National Republican Congressional Committee gave Buerkle $5,000.
- Wal-Mart's PAC contributed $2,000 to Buerkle's campaign.
After this filing period, both candidates have now raised more than $1 million this election cycle. Buerkle has raised $1,168,392.61, while Maffei has raised $1,090,576.00.