Dozens of groups from across New York, including some in central New York, signed on as supporters of Gov. Andrew Cuomo's proposed Women's Equality Act.
The 10-point plan covers many topics, including pay equity, sexual harassment in the workplace, human trafficking laws and passage of the Reproductive Health Act.
The list of groups supporting the plan is long, but there are a number of central New York organizations endorsing the plan. Some of the groups from the region endorsing the plan:
- Central New York Area Labor Federation
- Central NY NOW
- Central Syracuse NOW
- League of Women Voters of Syracuse Metropolitan Area
- League of Women Voters of Tompkins County
- Migrant Support Services of Wayne County
- NAACP Syracuse/Onondaga County
- Planned Parenthood Rochester Syracuse Region
- Planned Parenthood South Central New York
- Planned Parenthood Southern Finger Lakes
- YWCA Syracuse & Onondaga County