The Buffalo Bills' first training camp of the Sean McDermott era will feature more early morning sessions than in past years and fewer of the fan friendly night practices at St. John Fisher College in the Rochester area.
The Bills released the 2017 training camp schedule Thursday. There will be 13 open practices held at St. John Fisher College. The first session is at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, July 27. The event is free, but tickets are required for the evening session — the lone open evening practice the Bills will hold this summer.
Most training camp practices will begin at 8:45 a.m. Three will start at 2:15 p.m.
The Bills will hold an open practice at 5:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 4 at New Era Field in Orchard Park. The team's walk-through on Aug. 9 — one day before their home preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings — will be closed to the public.
The final training camp session is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 15.
This will be the Bills' 18th training camp at St. John Fisher College. It's the first for McDermott, who is entering his first season as head coach.
"The start of training camp is right around the corner and we are excited to return to St. John Fisher College, the summer home of the Buffalo Bills since 2000," said Russ Brandon, the Bills' managing partner and president. "We appreciate the hospitality that St. John Fisher and our fans in Rochester continue to provide us on a yearly basis."
Tickets will be required for four practices, including the open session at New Era Field. More information about tickets will be released at a later date, according to the team.
Here is the Buffalo Bills 2017 training camp schedule:
• Thursday, July 27: 5:30 p.m.*
• Friday, July 28: 2:15 p.m.
• Saturday, July 29: 8:45 a.m.
• Sunday, July 30: 8:45 a.m.
• Monday, July 31: day off
• Tuesday, Aug. 1: 8:45 a.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 2: 8:45 a.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 3: 8:45 a.m.
• Friday, Aug. 4: 5:30 p.m. (at New Era Field)*
• Saturday, Aug. 5: day off
• Sunday, Aug. 6: 2:15 p.m.*
• Monday, Aug. 7: 8:45 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 8: 8:45 a.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 9: Team walk-through (closed to public and media)
• Thursday, Aug. 10: Preseason game — Minnesota at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 11: 4:45 p.m. (at ADPRO Sports Training Center in Orchard Park)
• Saturday, Aug. 12: day off
• Sunday, Aug. 13: 2:15 p.m.*
• Monday, Aug. 14: 8:45 a.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 15: 8:45 a.m.