The pumpkins, greased poles and more that make up the Jordan Fall Festival will return for the event's 71st year Friday through Sunday, Sept. 15 through 17.
Taking place on the village's grounds on Beaver Street, the festival celebrates the coming of autumn with food, entertainment and more. Admission and parking are free and open to the public. Here are five highlights of this year's event:
• On the menu at this year's festival is a fish fry from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, chicken barbecues at noon Saturday and Sunday, a pancake breakfast from 8 to 10:30 a.m. Sunday, and the festival's popular doughnuts, cider, fried dough, pizza, ham sandwiches, chowder, hamburgers, sausage, hot dogs, nachos, baked potatoes and pies.
JORDAN — Katie Hinman was 12 years old when Jordan hosted its first fall festival in 1946.
• Each day of the festival will feature a concert by a country/classic rock band: Dirt Road Ruckus from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, Faded Vinyl from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday and Rolling South from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday. A marching band performance is also slated for 3 to 4 p.m. Saturday, and the Jordan-Elbridge Community Band will perform from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday.
• Children's and family events at the festival include wagon rides on the canal towpath from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, pumpkin painting from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday, a youth soccer challenge from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, and Parky the Clown and Friends from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday.
• Sunday, the festival's 40th annual Classic Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show begins with registration from 8 a.m. to noon. The top 40 entries will be determined by a selection committee, and winners will be announced at 4 p.m.
• The festival's signature greased pole climbs begin at 11 a.m. Sunday with the children's climb, followed by the adults' climb at 1 p.m. The team climb is one of the festival's more popular spectator events.
For more information about the Jordan Fall Festival, including a full schedule of events, visit villageofjordan.org/fall-festival.
Gallery: 70th annual Jordan Fall Festival
The 70th annual Jordan Fall Festival was held from Friday, Sept. 16, 2016, through Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016 at the Beaver Street showgrounds. Sunday's festival included the greased pole climb contests, for children and adults, and a classic/antique car show.