The Finger Lakes Sweet Treat Trail finished in seventh place in a USA Today 10Best Readers' Choice vote for the Best Food Trail in the country.
The seasonal trail, established in 2011 by the Cayuga County Office of Tourism, consists of 20 bakeries, farms and other savory stops in the area. USA Today previously recognized it in the spring, shortly after positive mentions in The Daily Meal and Yahoo Travel.
The Favorite Food Trail category featured 20 nominees, ranging from the Alabama BBQ Trail to the Oregon Cheese Trail. The Finger Lakes Sweet Treat Trail was the only nominee from New York. It finished behind the Green Chile Cheeseburger Trail, Mississippi Gulf Seafood Trail, Cajun Boudin Trail, Hoosier Pie Trail, Sweet Tea Trail and Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
"The trail includes places that focus on using local ingredients like berries, honey, fresh milk and maple syrup, and includes plenty of ice cream, sherbets and Italian ices, and even a craft brewery making beer-based desserts (Prison City Pub & Brewery)," the trail's USA Today page says.
For more information about the trail, visit tourcayuga.com.
Here are the members of the Finger Lakes Sweet Treat Trail:
• Auburn Farmers Market, 96 State St., Auburn. Call (315) 704-8609 or visit auburnfarmerscoopmarketinc.com.
• Carolyn's Creations, 11370 South St., Cato. Call (315) 626-3607.
• Dorie's Bakery, 283 Main St., Aurora. Call (315) 364-8818 or visit innsofaurora.com.
• Finger Lakes Dexter Creamery, 1855 Black Rock Rd., King Ferry. Call (315) 364-3581 or visit kefircheese.com.
• Fly By Night Cookie Company, 14541 Fancher Ave., Fair Haven. Call (315) 947-5588 or visit fairhavenny.com/cookiecompany.
• Giancarelli Brothers, 10252 Shortcut Road, Weedsport. Call (315) 626-2830 or visit giancarelliwinery.com.
• Karen's Country Confections, 147 Cayuga St., Union Springs. Call (315) 604-7189.
• Morgan's Half Acre Produce, 6169 Half Acre Road, Aurelius. Call (315) 253-3008 or visit unionspringsnow.com.
• New Hope Mills Store, 181 York St., Auburn. Call (315) 252-2676 or visit newhopemills.com.
• Niles Farmers Market, 5923 New Hope Road, Moravia. Call (315) 497-0142.
• Owen Orchards, 8174 Route 5, Sennett. Call (315) 252-4097 or visit owenorchard.com.
• Prison City Pub & Brewery, 28 State St., Auburn. Call (315) 604-1277 or visit prisoncitybrewing.com.
• Reese's Dairy Bar, 1422 Clark St. Road, Aurelius. Call (315) 252-7323 or visit facebook.com/reesesdairbar.
• Smokey Hollow Maple Syrup, 8597 Pierce Road, Jordan. Call (315) 689-9833 or 730-5151, or visit smokeyhollow.net.
• Standing Stone Honey Bee Products, 11062 Route 90, Locke. Call (315) 497-9079 or visit hivetreasures.com.
• Strawberry Fields Hydroponic Farm, Route 20, outside Skaneateles. Call (315) 751-5657, or visit strawberryfieldsupick.com.
• The Apple Station Winery, 5279 Cross Road, Cayuga. Call (315) 889-5158, or visit theapplestation.com.
• The Produce Place, 293 Cayuga St., Union Springs. Call (315) 889-7611 or visit theproduceplace.net.
• Treleaven by King Ferry Winery, 658 Lake Road, King Ferry. Visit treleavenwines.com or call (800) 439-5271.
• Tuckerman Farms, 1416 W. Genesee St., Auburn. Call (603) 477-3333 or email email@example.com.