Today on the Eye on NY podcast:
• A cross-endorsement in the race for attorney general and campaign for a central New York state Senate seat. Zephyr Teachout, one of four Democrats vying for the attorney general nod, and Rachel May, a Democrat running in the 53rd Senate District, endorsed each other Sunday.
• Jonathan Trichter, a Republican candidate for state comptroller, released a white paper last week on what he views as a problem with the state retirement system. I'll provide an overview of Trichter's criticism and his proposed solution.
• Objections have been filed against petitions submitted by Republican candidate Rick Guy and Democratic nominee John Mannion in the 50th Senate District race. I'll outline the next steps in the process and how this will play out over the next few weeks.
• There is a new feature on the state Board of Elections' website that may interest political junkies.
• Finally, a look at the fundraising quarters for U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and Republican challenger Chele Farley. Gillibrand, D-N.Y., is seeking a second full term as senator.