As summer comes to a close, another season of entertainment at Auburn Public Theater is set to begin. Here are some highlights:
• 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13: Singer-songwriter Gabriel Kahane, whose 2014 album "The Ambassador" was named one of the best albums of the year. His new album "Book of Travelers," released in August, is the result of a cross-country trip with no phone or internet access, talking to strangers in an attempt to better understand his country and fellow citizens.
• 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15: Frank Vignola's Hot Jazz Guitar Trio, a collaboration between the guitarist, longtime touring partner Vinny Raniolo and young talent Jan Knutson that follows Vignola's recovery from an off-road vehicle accident that nearly killed him. The Carol Bryant Trio will open, and Vignola will also lead a guitar workshop at 10 a.m. the next day.
• 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22: Martin Barre, the guitarist of Jethro Tull for 43 years, will play classics from the legendary band's catalog with a lineup of top performers. Barre has also worked with Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Gary Moore and several other music icons.
• 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18: John Waite, the English rocker whose hits include "Missing You" and "When I See You Smile," will return to the downtown theater. He previously performed there in September 2017 as part of his 40th anniversary tour.
• 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3: Cuban-American comedian J.C. Currais will come to Auburn, with credits that include "Conan," "Last Call with Carson Daly" and more. He has also been selected a New York Comedy Festival Comic to Watch and headlined Johnny Carson's Great American Comedy Festival.
The theater is located at 8 Exchange St., Auburn.
For more information, including a full schedule of events and ticket information, visit auburnpublictheater.org or call (315) 253-6669.