Here's where you can catch art and other exhibits in the Cayuga County area over the next week:
Cayuga Museum of History & Art, 203 Genesee St., Auburn; (315) 253-8051 or cayugamuseum.org; Open noon-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Sundays
• "CNY Emerging Artist Project: Karen Faris" (through July 14)
• "CNY Emerging Artist Project: Maxwell Wood" (opening reception 5 p.m. Thursday, July 18; continues through Aug. 11)
• "Pioneer Physicians: The Infancy of Modern Medicine"
• "Power of Protest: Effecting Social Change"
Fair Haven Arts Center, 562 Main St., Fair Haven; fairhavenarts.org; Open 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 13 and 14
• "Second Annual Fair Haven Retrospective Show"
Fisher Art Gallery, Fingerlakes Mall, 1579 Clark St. Road, Aurelius; fisherphotographycny.com; Open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
• Jason Cheney, "From Under the Bed They Greet You" (opening reception 6-8:30 p.m. Saturday, July 13)
Frontenac Museum, 178 Cayuga St., Union Springs; (315) 889-7273; Open 1-4 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays
• 100th anniversary of World War I displays
Gallery 54, 54 E. Genesee St., Skaneateles; (315) 685-5470 or gallery54cny.com; Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sundays
• "A Form of Escape: Paintings by Donna Atwood"
Good Shepherds Brewing Co., 132 Genesee St., Auburn; shepsbeer.com; Open 4-8 p.m. Tuesdays-Thursdays, 3-10 p.m. Fridays, 1-10 p.m. Saturdays, noon-5 p.m. Sundays
• Photography by Mike Ryan
Harriet Tubman National Historical Park, 180 South St., Auburn; (315) 882-8060 or nps.gov/hart; Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays
• Exhibits about and artifacts from the life of Harriet Tubman
If Blake Chamberlain's painting of Harriet Tubman makes you see her in a new way, his art worked.
NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center, 25 South St., Auburn; (315) 258-9820; Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily
• "Trans American History" by Blake Chamberlain
Old Brutus Historical Society, 8943 N. Seneca St., Weedsport; (315) 834-9342; Open 9 a.m.-noon Mondays-Tuesdays or by appointment
• Collections on the history of Brutus and its people and mannequin display on life in 1910
Port Byron Library, 12 Sponable Drive, Port Byron; (315) 776-5694; Open 3-8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays
• Theodore Brooks, Port Byron inventor and musician
Port Byron Old Erie Canal Heritage Park, 1575 Rooker Drive, Port Byron; newyorkcanals.org/preservation_portbyron.htm; Open 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Sundays; Enlarged Lock 52, Erie House Complex and more (through Oct. 31)
Living in Auburn for a year inspired one artist's contributions to a new show at the Schwein…
Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center, 205 Genesee St., Auburn; (315) 255-1553 or myartcenter.org; Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays, 1-5 p.m. Sundays
• "Made and Remade: Re-Imagining Industrial Systems" (through Aug. 18)
• "Presence of Silence" by Kathleen Farrell (through Aug. 18)
Seneca Falls Historical Society, 55 Cayuga St., Seneca Falls; (315) 568-8412 or sfhistoricalsociety.org; Open 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mondays-Fridays
• 23-room mansion with historical collections on local life and culture
Seward House Museum, 33 South St., Auburn; (315) 252-1283 or sewardhouse.org; Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Sundays
• "Forged in Freedom: The Bond of Seward-Tubman Families"
• Work from Point of Contact Gallery in Syracuse
Skaneateles Historical Society Museum at The Creamery, 28 Hannum St., Skaneateles; (315) 685-1360; Open 1-4 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays
• Records, photos, newspaper articles and more items from Skaneateles history
The Underground Bottle Shop, 29 E. Genesee St., Auburn; undergroundbottleshop.com; Open 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Mondays-Wednesdays, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays, noon-6 p.m. Sundays
• Art by Martin Kepecs