The prospects of The Pitch have never been more apparent.
As the Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival's new musical series begins its seventh season in Auburn, the first musical from that series has reached the stage of the Merry-Go-Round Playhouse. "Anne of Green Gables," which playwrights Matt Vinson and Matte O'Brien brought to The Pitch last summer, is being performed at the Owasco playhouse through July 25.
Another of this summer's Pitch shows could follow:
• July 11-13: "Wright" (book and lyrics by Yianni Papadimos and music by Ben Chavez)
• July 18-20: "(Untitled War of the Worlds Project)" (book, music and lyrics by Zack Zadek)
• July 25-27: "Buried in Prosperity" (book, music and lyrics by Karen Multer and Steve Multer)
• Aug. 1-3: "In the Green" (book, music and lyrics by Grace McLean; commissioned by Lincoln Center Theater)
• Aug. 8-10: "Bruno and the Gospel of Infinity" (book, music and lyrics by Ben Clark)
Performance times are 7:30 Wednesdays and Thursdays and 8 p.m. Fridays at The Cayuga Museum Carriage House Theater, 203 Genesee St., Auburn.
Tickets to The Pitch shows are $20.
For more information, visit fingerlakesmtf.com.