All are welcome to enter the arts and crafts competitions at the 2019 Cayuga County Fair, which takes place along with the Cayuga County 4-H Youth Fair and Big 6 Dairy Show Thursday through Saturday, July 25 through July 27, at the Ward W. O'Hara Agricultural & Country Living Museum and Dr. Joseph F. Karpinski Sr. Educational Center, 6880 Route 38A, Owasco.
• Baking (six unfrosted cookies on a paper plate, with recipe included)
• Crafts (any handcrafted item, maximum size 12 by 12 by 12 inches)
• Flower arrangements (fresh or artificial flowers in a vase)
• Art (oils and acrylics, crayons or markers; watercolors; and charcoal or pencil drawings, no larger than 24 by 36 inches, not mounted on a larger surface than necessary and not containing glass)
• Photography (people; animals; scenery/nature, with a minimum size of 4 by 6 inches and a maximum size of 11 by 14 inches, including matting, frames not allowed and rigid backing must be used)
• Legos (bring a completed design to the fair)
• Houseplants (fairy garden or terrarium)
Entree fees are $2 for youth exhibitors (ages 9-11 or 12-18) and $3 for ages 18 and older. Premiums will be paid after the fair. All entries are due between 9 and 11 a.m. Thursday, and fees will be collected at registration. All entries must be tagged with the entrant's name, address, age (if youth) and class. Multiple entries in the same class are not permitted. Judging begins at 1 p.m. Thursday, and exhibits will be released at 5 p.m. Saturday.
For more information, contact Meta Riester at (315) 283-1662.