Several benefit golf tournaments will take place in the Cayuga County area soon:
• The Groton Rotary Club's annual Golf Classic will be held beginning with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, July 20, at Stone Hedges Golf Club, 549 Stevens Road, Groton. The captain-and-crew-format tournament will include prizes, food and more. Proceeds support Rotary projects. For more information, or to register, call (573) 512-0241.
• The Zonta Club of Auburn will hold its 25th Anniversary Sherri Cunningham Peter Memorial Women's Golf Tournament beginning with check-in at 8 a.m. Monday, July 22, at Highland Park Golf Club, 3068 Franklin St. Road, Sennett. The tournament is two-woman scramble format, and begins with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. Entry also includes awards (longest drive, hole-in-one contest, etc.), breakfast, water, a luncheon reception, raffles and more. Proceeds support the club's local community service projects. For more information, or to register, call (315) 730-9005 or email email@example.com.
• Auburn Masons No. 124 will host a golf tournament beginning at 1 p.m. Sunday, July 28, at Highland Country Club, 3068 Franklin St. Road, Sennett. The tournament is captain-and-crew format, and also includes a barbecue dinner, raffles, awards and more. Separate admission to the party, as well as hole sponsorship, are also available. For more information, or to register, call (315) 224-0940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Cayuga Museum of History & Art's annual golf tournament fundraiser will take place beginning with a shotgun start at 11 a.m. Monday, July 29, at Dutch Hollow Country Club, 1839 Benson Road, Owasco. The tournament includes 18 holes (skins), a cart, three drink/food tickets on the course, prizes and a reception-style dinner, as well as a putting contest and a 50/50. Registration is requested by July 22. Hole sponsorships are also available. For more information, including pricing, email email@example.com or call (315) 253-8051.
• First Church of God in Christ in Auburn will host a charity golf tournament at 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at Highland Park Golf Club, 3068 Franklin St. Road, Sennett. For registration information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 15th annual Beardsley Architects + Engineers Golf Tournament to support Cayuga County Habitat for Humanity will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at Dutch Hollow Country Club, 1839 Benson Road, Owasco. The tournament is four-person scramble format, and entry includes carts, lunch, beverages, a tournament shirt, a $5,000 putting contest at 4 p.m., longest drive, closest to the pin, a steak dinner at 4:30 p.m. and an awards ceremony at 5:30 p.m. Registration is requested by July 26. For more information, or to register, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit cayugahabitat.org.