A fire that broke out in an Auburn apartment building Thursday morning was ruled accidental, the Auburn Fire Department said Friday.
Assistant Chief Mike Grady said an investigation revealed the fire at 5 Washington St. was electrical and broke out in the attic above a second-floor bathroom.
The fire was reported at around 8:30 a.m. Thursday. It took firefighters about two hours to extinguish the blaze. One firefighter suffered a minor injury and no tenants were harmed, but residents from all six units will be displaced while repairs are made to the building. According to Grady, the building should be salvageable despite heavy fire damage in the attic and water damage on the second floor.
The American Red Cross is working with the tenants displaced by the fire.
We’re writing to thank you for your activating your full access subscription including all madison.com websites, mobile apps and more. With your “full-access” subscription to the [NEWSPAPER NAME], you get everything produced by the area’s largest news team, plus even more products and servic…