Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Auburn Wal-Mart reopens after bomb threat

Auburn Wal-Mart reopens after bomb threat

  • Updated
{{featured_button_text}}

AUBURN | The Wal-Mart on Grant Avenue in Auburn reopened late Friday night after being shut down for several hours because of a bomb threat.

The Auburn Police Department said that Wal-Mart management evacuated the store shortly after 8 p.m. and contacted the APD for assistance when someone called the store to say that a bomb had been placed in the building.

Auburn police requested help from neighboring police agencies, and the Onondaga County Sheriff's Office and the Wayne County Sheriff's Department sent K-9 units to the Grant Avenue business to check the building for explosives.

Entrances to the store parking lot were blocked off by patrol cars and wooden barricades to keep the public away from the building while officers and police dogs conducted their search.

The building was declared safe at about 11 p.m., police said, and reopened to the public at about 11:30 p.m. after employees had been allowed back inside.

Staff writer Samantha House can be reached at (315) 282-2282 or samantha.house@lee.net. Follow her on Twitter @Citizen_House.

0
0
0
0
0

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News