Construction of the Equal Rights Cultural Heritage Center will cause traffic changes to Lincoln Street beginning Monday, June 4.
According to a press release from the city of Auburn, the project site at 25 South St. will expand onto Lincoln Street beginning June 4 and the following traffic changes will go into effect:
• The eastbound lanes on Lincoln Street between South Street and William Street will be closed for the remainder of the summer.
• Lincoln Street will become a one-way street from South Street heading west to William Street.
• CENTRO will be relocating its local bus transfer station from Lincoln Street down to Dill Street. This is a permanent move for CENTRO.
People are also reading…
• The intersection at Lincoln Street and William Street remains marked with stop signs in all four directions.
• There will be no eastbound traffic allowed onto Lincoln Street from William Street.
• Those using the Lincoln Street parking garage will have to enter Lincoln Street from South Street. They will have to exit the garage turning west on Lincoln Street and out to the William Street intersection.
Complete information on the welcome center project can be found online at auburnny.gov/welcomecenter. For more information on downtown parking, visit auburnny.gov/parking. Contact City Clerk Chuck Mason at (315) 255-4100 or email@example.com for more information or with any questions.