More than half of the Cayuga County-area central school district board of education elections this year will feature contested races.
The deadline to petition for most school board seats was April 16.
Candidate voting for each district, along with budget votes and any other propositions districts might have, will be held May 15.
• The Cato-Meridian Central School District Board of Education has two three-year seats and a single one-year seat available. Two incumbents, board president Michael Lees and Monica Waite — who joined the board last year after L. Lee Epprecht resigned — will be running again. Timothy Hulbert, Jenny Kyle and Ronald Witkowski are also running this year.
• The Jordan-Elbridge Central School District has two seats up for grabs. There is a three-year position and one seat that will last from May 2018 to June 2020, as Christian Brunelle, who was elected to the board last year, has since resigned. William Yard and Incumbent Susan Fordyce are running.
• The Moravia Central School District board has two three-year spots available. Jennifer Bilinski and incumbents Terry Thompson and Leigh Hess are all running.
• The Port Byron Central School District has two board slots open this year. Timothy Marks, current board President Joseph Verdi, and current board Vice President Melinda Quanbeck are angling for seats this year.
• The Skaneateles Central School District board has three open seats. President Susan Murphy and Kerry Brogan, both incumbents, and Michael Kell and Jonathan Dower will all be on the ballot. Member Curt Coville isn't seeking re-election.
• The Southern Cayuga Central School District has two spots available. Board Vice President Bruce Kopp, newcomer Kelsey Rossbach and David Harvatine, who had served one prior term but isn't currently on the board, are all running. Board President David Wiemann isn't seeking re-election.
• The Union Springs Central School District has three open three-year seats available. Incumbents Jeffrey Culver and Carol Quill and newcomer Randy Gardner are running, while member Tom Weaver Sr. isn't seeking re-election.
• The Weedsport Central School District has one five-year seat open. Current board president Colleen Borza will be running again.
The deadline for petitions for the Auburn Enlarged City School District is April 25.